Sunday, January 22, 2012

M for Monday and Motivations (1) : Getting work organized_part 2

Another thing that I want to share today is getting “things to do” organized. I tried this recently and it works like magic. I have never been so productive. Now, it may works for you too but then again, it might not. So it is just an idea here. Try it and if it works for you, I am pleased to help, otherwise, find a different method. People work differently; it is up to you to find what work best for you.

Daily to do list with tick boxes on the “sticky notes”

Why does this work for me? I don’t like to see what I don’t achieve without any real reason (lazy, bored, not in the mood etc is so not a reason). So, by the end of a work day, I would like to see all my list of to do that day is ticked off.

I do this “to do list for tomorrow” during the working day that day. I tried doing “the list of things to do today”… but it doesn’t work. Why? If you are not in the mood that day, you come out with non-beneficial list with probably whatever you think would be suitable for the mood. But if if you are not in the mood today, and thinking positively (and hoping) that it will turn the other way for tomorrow, you will come out with a good list for tomorrow. You see, by doing this you have a good list and tomorrow, whether you are in a good mood or not, you have a good list set for you and at the end of the day you still have some pretty decent output (if you work hard and stick to it!~ be discipline enough to do this. I am. Cause as I said. I am shameful to be looking at the list without ticks if I have no real good reason)

So every now and then during my working hours, I find some things to find out about or some journals to find or anything that come across my mind, I write it immediately as tomorrow’s to do list. I used to do things immediately when it comes to mind, but things for today don’t get finish. And after putting some thoughts into it, why do I bother doing it immediately while I have plenty of times waiting ahead? I mean if it is not that really important for immediate attention, just do it tomorrow but make sure you do it. Make sure it gets tick off by tomorrow. The idea of writing this list as go along the day is to get things written immediately so that it doesn’t get left out. I limit my “to do list” and keep it manageable. Don’t write such a long list and ends up with few of them ticked. That will surely tear down the motivation to keep and maintain the “to do list” method.

Well, anyway. I will hope I can do organize things to do at home too. Heaps of sewing ideas in my head and I just wish I could have more time.. :)

Till then,

Enjoy your day.

Amira

No comments:

Post a Comment