Sunday, February 5, 2012

Tempeh making

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahiwabarakatuh and good day to all.

Thanks to vegetarian, I am able to find this tempeh starter here in Australia. Yup. No other better protein source than soy. That's why I love them so much. Tofu, tempeh, soy sauce, soya drink... I love them all..

Anyway, cut the story short - I went through some website for tempeh making and I found this website : which they sell tempeh starter and can post it Australia wide. cool. The spores is travelling across Australia before it reach the soy beans in my home.. It cost me a total of $20 ($12 tempeh starter + $3 post + $5 soy beans) to make 1 kg of tempeh. Hope it turns out well.

You can watch how to make it here. You will need a tempeh starter (ragi tempeh : it's made out of tempeh itself ~kind of taking the spores out) , if you buy the tempeh starter, they come with their own instruction I suppose.

I though it was not going to be that hard. I mean it is well very cheap in Malaysia. So might as well I give it a try. Probably tempeh is sold somewhere around here in Canberra, but I don't know where and I thought why not try and make it instead.

It took me about two days preparing - they require lots of waiting period. And I don't bother to buy an incubator either. It's summer here now and I just make sure it is quite warm by putting it near the fridge (normally outside the fridge it is a bit warm)

here how it looks like now: the day after



I will be updating soon with a cooked one, but I am so happy that it is coming on its way already!! so excited.. huhu.. (hello, it is just tempeh..why get too excited??huhu.)

Till then, bubbye. will be updating more first-time try later. I tried baking last weekend too. hehe.


Love for Allah,

Amira.

No comments:

Post a Comment