Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Cloth Diaper Review

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahiwabaraktuh

Hi All. At last I am able to write this little review/ my journey of cloth diapering. So many pic and thoughts to put, that is why it take some times..
Currently we are fully day-cloth diapering although at sometimes there are nights that I am too lazy to put on CD coz only certain CD are suitable for night use ( as we do not want any wet beds / wet bum which cause rashes on Asyraf)

So it has been about 4 month that we are fully cloth diapering despite some of the night which we use DD. So proudly we are one of the couple who does not come out of shopping mall with DD bags, what a great save. I cant imagine buying to throw. Not to mention the pile of rubbish that will be around the house. I am sooo loving cloth diapering. As previously mentioned, my daily routine were uite packed enough, my journey to work already take those precious times away but I got used to it, and amazingly, I find it fun washing CD coz I just love to see it, knowing how much my baby had poo that day, and imagining him in those cute cds.. and it is soooo worth of buying because its cuteness just simply put me to a smile. Beside anything to do with my little Asyraf sometimes just makes me happy. Even after a very tiring day..

Well anyway, my journey begin with the very first diaper I bought together with my Spectra pump at onebabyworld.com. Its AUTUMNZ cloth diaper in purple. I actually want the red, but they were out of stock. My first try was one of the day during the first month. It was then, I began to search more info on cloth diapers and of course purchase more of different brands to see which are the most suitable one for Asyraf. Then I began purchasing here n there (list of favourite shops are as on the right panel in this blog) and began using them regularly until the stash are enough for full day usage and alternate day washing routine. ( I have about 20 piece now) So from that, I like to review the brands I had used for these 4 month here...


AUTUMNZ PUL POCKET CD


These are on my list of favourite. Autumnz brand have PUL in plain or printed and they also have minky printed. Also in snaps or velcro.. The one I have is PUL plain (lilac) with velcro and PUL printed (blue monkey) with snaps.

When I first wore it on asyraf, he was about a month old.. It does look bulky. But cute. hehe.
After 4 month of using it, I still find it nice to wear and they are also on my list of night time diaper too. Meaning that they are dry even after long hours. Dry to my baby's bum and dry without any leaks. However I do find that the velcro does add more to the bulkiness, so I prefer the one with snaps. I find that their snaps is nicely fit, and does not cause wing droops, even though it has only one row of snaps. I love the soakers. They are super absorbent and quite wide and long.

So, I rate it like this:

Appearance : 4/5 (I find that it can get quite worn out after many washes)
Absorbancy : 5/5 (I use only one piece of microfiber insert for night time - my son is not a heavy wetter though)
Easiness of handling/caring : 5/5 (I love that it has a microfleece as the inner as it is easy to remove the poops, their velcro tab for washing and they are also quick to dry)


HAPPY FLUTE MINKY POCKET CD

This brand is also one of my favourite. Cheap price and work perfectly. I absolutely love these CD. I got these from here : bongbong
However I do not like the suede inner much as poops are difficult to be remove with the toilet sprayer. I need to run it under fast flow pipe which eventually make mess spreads in the bathroom.
So here is how i rank them :
Appearance : 4.5/5 (Lots of print to choose from. Although some get worn out after washes, some prints mantain (cow prints mantain its newness)
Absorbancy : 4.5/5 (can also be use as night diaper)
Easiness of handling/caring : 3.5/5 (I dont like the inner suede)

HAPPY FLUTE (BAMBOO) POCKET CD

This one totally out of my next wishlist. I also bought this from bongbong. Why out of list? Well, I bought four of these after having great time using the Minky Happy Flute. I thought it work the same and maybe even better as it is made of bamboo material - it claims to be more beneficial as it is antibacterial etc.. but it wets my baby's bum even after few pee time... therefore it is not very anti-rash i guess. Because of the wetness, my baby often got rashes. He is sensitive to his own pees. So I use this only for day use and short time.
I rate it :
Appearance : 3.5/5 (There are lots of print to choose from, but not so attractive to me,.)
Absorbancy : 3/5 (cannot be use as night diaper, but never had leaked before)
Easiness of handling/caring : 3/5 (Also difficult to remove poops from the bamboo velour inner and difficult to remove poop stain, has to be under lots of sunshine during drying )

SUNNY BABY MINKY POCKET CD
I love this CD,

...........need to be continued and put pictures later..

COOLABABY PUL CD

LUNATOTS CD

BABYLAND CD

BAMBOOLITE AI2 CD

No comments:

Post a Comment